Monday, May 11, 2009

Domain Hosting Companies


Have I mentioned lately just how much it bothers me to deal with companies that don't even give an option to contact via email, far less a phone number. My web hosting company is Great - they've got phone numbers, and email addresses posted easily so you don't have to spend the first hour searching, the domain names hosts are a much different story. First of all, it is highly likely you have NO IDEA who your host is, as it gets sold when you sign up, thinking that you are with one company, only to find out, you are actually subcontracted out to someone 3 or 4 steps down the line...and they have a password for you, which you don't know, but you will need to enter it, if you ever happen to manage to find their secret contact information in order to make any needed changes. I am rather frustrated with this process as is evident. I just want to say, 'hey, I need to make a simple change here, it only needs to take 30 seconds tops', but the search process to find a human to make the change takes weeks, and no surprise, I end up leaving an automated trouble ticket online with a company my account is with, that I have never heard of, and possibly, just possibly may get a reply from. Of course the subject line will probably say something like: 'do not reply to this email, it is automated!' There's my gripe, hopefully it will be a very long time before the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!