Today I’d like you to get to know Sushil, running as Councillor for Ward 6 of Lambton Shores. Sushil (pronounced Susheal), has also answered the same list of questions posed to Doug Cook in yesterdays post. There is also a website available to check out more information about Sushil – www.sushilnakhwal.com I was really surprised when I read Sushil’s information on his site, I realized he was a family man, but never realized his educational and technical background – Find out more below.
Sushil Nakhwal – Owner / Operator of Arkona GoCo Station
Questions or Comments you wish to address with Sushil Nakhwal can be emailed to: email@example.com
Why I have decided to run for council?
This community has given us a lot, and in order to do something in return and make it much better for coming generations, I would like to utilize my energy and time in productive manner.
What issues will you address if you are voted in?
· Lower taxes and better services to the residents and businesses.
· More effective and better distribution of funds across the Lambton shores community.
· Create incentives to attract new businesses in the area.
· Cooperate with all council members to achieve the goals of the community.
· Regular update to all the constituents on municipal matters through the internet, mass email, flyers and local newspapers.
· Complete accountability and transparency of work on regular basis.
· Maintain a level of accessibility while providing quick response to all constituents.
· Working together with constituents to include as many of their ideas as possible in the decision making process.
· Seek regular input from everyone in order to build a strong and vibrant community.
Who I am?
I have completed my M.Sc. in Zoology and B.Ed along with diploma in Electronics Technologist here in Ontario. I am a certified teacher through the Ontario College of Teachers. My work experience includes 6 years of teaching in various High schools and the past 12 years as an Engineer for ATI Technologies and AMD Inc. (Leading Computer CPU maker).
I moved into this beautiful town about seven years ago from Toronto. I currently own and operate the GOCO gas station in Arkona along with my wife Anjna and our two sons Gaurav and Mohit, who are students at NLSS in Forest. I enjoy time with my family, yoga, and webpage designs. I have volunteered in the hospital for quadriplegic and paraplegic patients, and coached soccer and cricket teams.
What will you do for the residents and community of Arkona and Ward 6?
· Implementation of the master plan for Arkona.
· Revisit the work of committees constituted after amalgamation.
· Project ward 6 as the place to work and live in.
· I can assure everyone that I will work diligently toward meaningful goals that will create opportunities for us all.